Venezuelan rice chicha is a typical beverage made from cow’s milk and thick rice. In addition, it is sweet, quite nutritious and refreshing.
Ingredients (12 glasses):
- 1 cup of rice (185 g)
- 7 cups of water (1.75 l)
- 2 cups of liquid cow’s milk (500 ml)
- 1 can of condensed milk (370 g)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence (3 g)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (15 g)
- Crushed ice
- Cinnamon powder
1. A few hours or a day before, wash the rice and put it together with two cups of water to soak until the next day.
2. Then drain the rice.
3. Then, in the large pot, put the rice together with the remaining 5 cups of water. Bring it to a boil, under moderate heat, until the rice is very soft. This process takes about 40 minutes.
4. Bring the contents of the pot to the blender and beat it very well.
5. Next, add the liquid to a large jar or bowl. There incorporate the cups of milk, the condensed milk and mix everything.
6. Do not forget to place the ice cubes and vanilla essence. Let cool.
7. Finally, serve with more ice.
8. Condensed milk can be made at home: Heat a cup of water with a cup of sugar, until the sugar dissolves. Then add a tablespoon of unsalted butter (optional), bring to the blender at high speed, along with a cup of powdered or liquid milk.