Guava is a very popular fruit in Venezuela and several Caribbean countries, it has many health properties, because it has a high percentage of vitamin C and an irresistible slightly bittersweet taste. Enjoy this wonderful fruit and learn how to make guava candy and then serve it alone or with a little cream cheese or fresh cheese.
• 1 unit of guava
• 200 grams of Sugar (1 cup)
• 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
1. Before making the guava candy the first step is to list all the ingredients.
2. Peel and chop the guava finely.
3. In a pot add the guava, a splash of water and sugar. Cook over medium heat until the sugar melts.
4. Then add the cinnamon powder and cook over low heat for 20 minutes, until a thick consistency is obtained.
5. Finally let stand a few minutes and wait for the guava candy to take room temperature.
6. You can use this preparation as a jam to eat with crackers and cheese or to use as an ingredient in other desserts.